Wednesday 30 May 2012

Photos from cafe koba

 These are the photos from Cafe Koba; a review of which you can find here.  I was going to upload these to the review but I never got around to it.  My bad.


The is the seating area.  As you can see, lots of earthy tones and art. 

This is the view to the street entrance, sorry it's not rotated properly.  It took so long to load that I couldn't be bothered fussing with it by the time I realised I couldn't rotate it in Blogger.


This is where the original fireplace would have been.  I'm actually surprised they were allowed to strip it out like this but it gives the room a nice effect.  You can see how tiny chimneys actually used to be - and little children used to be forced up them to sweep!


The salt and pepper pots.  This is a feature I actually really didn't like.  This is so wrong from a hygiene perspective.

Fancy looking menu, of course :)

Water, cause it's free. :)  It was all clearly filtered so tastes better the  local tap water anyway. :)

This was one of the starters we tried.  Rice balls deep-fried with a cheesy centre.  The green dip on the other side is a garlicky home made pesto. 

My vege soup with a dollop of pesto and sough dour bread.

This was a Sussex beef burger with goats cheese and chips.  I was surprised by how nice the Sussex beef was.  Although next time we will have to remember to ask for it to be well-cooked.

This was a Serrano Ham and Peach salad with mozzarella cheese.  Very nice summer option.  Had to eat around the cheese though; mozzarella is a little too milky for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment