Monday 16 July 2012

Virgin Media, for all your hassle needs

There are days when I'm so glad that I'm only on the most basic broadband contract Virgin Media offer, because days like yesterday would be all the more insulting.  My network signal was out for the entire day and now I'm actually convinced it's due to a fault in the local area network cables because last night at 11pm I was out checking those attached to my house.  I went outside, to the exposed connection point and unscrewed each cable, checked the sockets for damage and screwed them back in (given this was an outdoor connection, not only should that have been in a covered box to prevent this sort of tampering but the cables should have been so tightly screwed that I couldn't get them loose in the first place.)  Despite all this effort I still had no connection.  However my Internet was magically connected again the next morning.

This is not the first time it happened.  In fact it happens so often that I begin to worry about it when it rains.  The worst part is I've given up calling Virgin Media to involve tech support because £10pound worth of credit it mysteriously fixes itself and I have to call them back and cancel the home support team because they are no longer required.

No comments:

Post a Comment