Friday 29 March 2013

Lemon and ginger soap

This photo was taken 12 hours after I plopped the soap mixture into the moulds. I like the colour it as turned. The problem with using natural colorants is that you can't always get the exact colour you want and the colour is always tied to a specific natural source. So coffee soap will always be brown and orange juice will always make it orange so you can't really have bright blueberry coloured orange scented soap without getting a weird mixed scent (which might be nice but not necessarily the desired effect).

This soap is no where near ready to come out of the mould. By this point the coffee soap was. It's still slightly too soft to hold the shape. I am not sure whether its because of the difference in liquid base or because I discounted the liquid base to much. It should be fine but as it was the first time I tried discounting its hard to know until I unmould and try one.

No comments:

Post a Comment