Wednesday 22 January 2014

Upon reflection: poetry

I freaked myself out earlier.  Some days that's not much of an achievement.  I am a bit of an oddball at the best of times.  I caught myself making faces and odd poses in the mirror many times.  My own face can make some terrifying expressions.  However, what I freaked myself out with today was a short poem I wrote as part of a Daily Post writing challenge.

The idea was very simple:  Produce a few short observations of lunch that capture the essence of your experience.  From this I wrote Eating Alone; a very short piece of poetry that captures the theme of the challenge as best as my ability is able.  After I posted this poem it suddenly occurred to me that was a disturbing element of unease in the words i used.  This is a clear reflection of the mood I was in when writing it.  That is when I realized I need to go out to where there is noise and people!

Isn't sad how we can sometimes blind ourselves to our own mood?

1 comment: