Tuesday 21 January 2014

Damn, double damn.

Looks I'd I'd better reconsider my plans to move. -_- Yahoo finance has managed to depress me with this article.  I have a social science based degree (Sociology and psychology) so this article is pretty damning.  But the researcher in me is asking 'From what data did they draw this conclusion' and 'How did they come to the conclusion from this data'.  The answers to both questions could be highly damning and invalidate the whole article.  I'd also ask 'What's their bias?'  If it's just shock tactics they might succeed, cause even with my critical thinking there's still a little voice going Oh crap.

1 comment:

  1. Possibly the bias is towards the fields that they say are on the up and up - eg computer related, or health related.

    ReplyDelete