Wednesday 25 December 2013

Blasts from the past!!

Recently I have been reviving my interest in writing.  Wait, that sounds wrong. I never lost my interest; I simply got bogged down by daily life.  Unemployment certainly leaves you with plenty of time to spare.  As a result of this renewed fixation I was browsing through my old story notes - a archive of which goes all the way back to when I was 11/12.

While I was poking around I found this short story: Assassin in the night.  I originally wrote this piece for a school assignment.  It was part of a wider story board that I was writing at the time.  Although, reading back I realized how much I have changed from my original ideas - as this is a piece i still an interested in working on. 

Finding this piece gave me a slight shock and not just because I had forgotten I had written it.  It was just surprisingly nicely written for the work of a 11/12yr old.  It made me feel my skills had deteriorated through disuse.  But I guess that's why I started writing again - to improve my sills again.

No comments:

Post a Comment