Friday 31 October 2014

It that time again

Nanowrimo, national novel writing month for those of you who have never come across the acronym, starts again tomorrow morning. The charity event lasts for the duration of November and is an excellent opportunity for writers to practice their skills in a slightly competitive fashion.  The aim is to write a novella of at least 50,000 words in 30days.  This can be quite challenging for some but I've seen plenty of participants fly past that goal. Personally, I will be pleased if I make it too 30,000.  Last years effort hit 21,000; a word count that far outstripped my previous attempts.

It is boggling to think that that is all I managed while unemployed.  Okay, so I was focused on job hunting and other crafts at that point in time. Even so, the sheer insanity of the concept of attempting to produce an article of work longer than last years is quite daunting.  At the beginning of the month I under went a craniotomy to remove a tumour from the left hemisphere of my brain. If the frequent dizzy spells and stumbling wasn't enough to worry about; there only so much work I can do before I feel a seizure coming on.  Talk about biting off more the you can chew.  Still, I'm supposed to be engaging in activities I normally would to recuperate and this is definitely something I would normally do.

I hope you join nanowrimo and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment