Sunday 29 December 2013

Orange Coffee soap

A long long while ago now I made an experimental soap blend using coffee grounds and orange essential oils.  Initially this soap smelled like Jaffa cakes.  It was quiet a nice scent.  However, I was disappointed when I took the well cured soap off the shelf today.  The scent had completely changed!  Instead of smelling like sweet cakes it now smelt strongly of coffee with a citrus twist.  Don't get me wrong, the new scent is not bad.  In fact it is nice on another level.  I just enjoyed the sweeter scent it had before the curing process was complete.
This highlights the true trouble with scenting soaps. No matter how the soap smells after you have taken it out of the mould a month down the line it is going to smell completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment